SIGCSE TS 2023 will have conference T-shirts available for purchase from November 2, 2022 through January 30, 2023. Shirts can be picked up in Toronto or mailed ( unfortunately, only within the USA for round 1). If you elect to have your shirt mailed to you in the USA then you will be charged for shipping. Shirts will ship globally in Round 2, with sales beginning in February and shirts delivered April.
This year we are offering different types of shirts (short sleeve t-shirt, long sleeve t-shirt and sweatshirt) in different styles, cuts and composition. Shirts are available at different price points, with some shirts providing sizes from XS-5XL.
We are offering two options for t-shirt delivery. If you live in the USA are attending online or just want the shirt shipped to your home, then you can pay for shipping and it will be delivered to your home by the beginning of March. If you are attending the conference in person then select “Ship to Maureen (FREE!)” when ordering. You can pick it up at the symposium to avoid paying for shipping. Shirts will be available for pickup at Registration after noon on Thursday, March 16, 2023.
If you are international and want a t-shirt shipped to your home, then you can order a shirt in our Round 2 sale. Note: The shirts will be more expensive due to lower volume estimates.
- When can I pick up my shirt if I chose to pick it up at the Symposium?
- You can pick up your shirt at Registration, beginning noon on Thursday, March 16th.
- I missed the January 30, 2023 deadline! Why did ordering close on January 30? What can I do?
- You can still order a shirt, however the shirt itself will be more expensive (the minimum to make the order will be lower) and you will have to pay for shipping (shirts ordered after January 30 will not be available for pickup at the technical symposium). We will open up another t-shirt group order on February 2. The shirts will ship in April.
- Something came up and I couldn’t come to Toronto to pick up my shirt. Can you mail me my shirt?
- We are so sorry you were unable to make it to Toronto, but unfortunately we can’t mail you your t-shirt. Feel free to order another one online since the second round of ordering will be open from February 2, 2023 to April 2, 2023. Shirts that are not picked up by Saturday, March 18, at 12 pm will be handed out to volunteers.
- I forgot to pick up my shirt. Can you mail it to me?
- We are sorry, but we can’t do that. If you are forgetful, then we gently suggest you have your shirt shipped to your home. Either that or you can order another one online since the second round of ordering will be open from February 2, 2023 to April 2, 2023. Shirts that are not picked up by Saturday, March 18, at 12 pm will be handed out to volunteers.
- Will you have extra shirts for sale at the conference?
- No, however you can order yourself a shirt until April 2, 2023. A link to the second round ordering site will be posted on February 2, 2023.
- Will the shirts arrive in time for the symposium? I ask because they were late last year.
- They are planned to arrive on time if ordered by January 30, 2023! Last year, we misunderstood how t-shirt ordering worked and that they would not be shipped until after the sale closed. We are closing the group order early to ensure your shirt will arrive in time! For full disclosure, ‘we’ is Maureen Doyle.
- Why am I paying a NY Sales Tax?
- The shirts are shipping to New York instead of Toronto. This shipping option provided more options for shirts and a shorter shipping time.
- Why are shirts only shipping to the USA for Round 1?.
- In order to provide free shipping, with shirts being picked up at the conference, shipping is limited to the country of the bulk shipment address. We are shipping to a location in the USA, so all orders in round 1 can only be delivered to the US. We will open up another group order in February for our virtual attendees.
Questions? Email Symposium Co-Chairs