The 54th ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education hybrid event will be held in March 2023. The in-person component will take place at the South building of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The virtual component will be hosted online.
We are very excited to provide our community with a technical symposium supporting both online and in-person participation. We have done our best to design a conference that is engaging and open to all. Part of being open to all is keeping costs down, which means that we will have some sessions with both in-person and online participation, while others will have only in-person participation or only online participation. Plenary sessions, including keynote presentations, will be among those with hybrid participation, as will many panels and special sessions.
We ask for your patience and constructive feedback while we find a way to offer the symposium to all who are interested.
The in-person components of 2023 SIGCSE Technical Symposium will be held in downtown Toronto at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (South Building). The conference hotels are:
- Toronto Marriott City Centre (CAD 295.00 (approx. USD 230.00) + taxes per night)
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Toronto (CAD 279.00 (approx. USD 220.00) + taxes per night)
- Hyatt Regency Toronto (CAD 219.00 (approx. USD 170.00) + taxes per night)
- InterContinental Toronto Centre (CAD 307.00 (approx. USD 240) + taxes per night)
Instructions for booking rooms at these preferred conference rates will be posted closer to the event.
You may find the following guidance for travelling to Canada helpful:
- Traveling to Canada from all international destinations, including the United States, requires a passport which is valid for 6 months beyond your departure date. US passports can be renewed as early as 9 months ahead of their expiry date.
- At the present time Canada is requiring all non-citizens / non-permanent residents who are visiting the country for discretionary reasons (such as conference travel) to be fully vaccinated. Foreigners who are not fully vaccinated are not permitted to enter the country. The Government of Canada Find out if you can enter Canada wizard is available to help you determine whether or not you are considered to be fully vaccinated.
- At the present time Canada is requiring everyone entering Canada to use the free ArriveCAN app to provide information about their travel plans and vaccination status. Information can be entered into the app 72 hours ahead of your planned arrival.
- When returning to the United States by airplane departing from Toronto Pearson International Airport (and many other Canadian airports) you will pass through US customs before boarding your flight. Please allocate time for this when planning your flights and your ground transportation back to the airport.
- Travelers on flights to and from Canadian destinations are currently required to wear a mask for the duration of the flight. Masks are also currently required in Canadian airports. However, masks are not currently required in most other venues.
People using NSF funds to cover their travel costs may also find the information in the blog entry on Using NSF grant money to attend the SIGCSE TS in Toronto helpful.
The ACM is able to provide visa support letters for in-person participation to individuals attending the conference, as well as authors with accepted papers or posters, and members of the conference committee. A visa support letter will not be issued until you have registered for the technical symposium. After you have registered you can send your request to email@example.com with the following information:
- Name and mailing address as it appears on your passport.
- The name of the conference you wish to attend.
- Registration confirmation number.
- If you are the author of any papers accepted for the conference, please provide the title.
- Fax number and/or e-mail address of where the invitation letter should be sent.
LocationMetro Toronto Convention Centre (South Building)