We are pleased to announce the return of Kids’ Camp for SIGCSE TS 2023, generously supported by the SIGCSE Board! Children participating in Kids’ Camp must have received at least two COVID-19 vaccinations. As with conference attendees, children’s vaccination status will be verified through a form acknowledging children are vaccinated. The link to the form will be mailed after registration by Accent, and must be filled out for each family.
The SIGCSE TS 2023 Kids’ Camp will be held in the Metro Toronto Convention Center. The exact location will be available at the registration table.
Accent of Children’s Arrangements, LLC. will be providing childcare and programming for Kids’ Camp. To learn more about Accent, please visit their website.
Kids’ Camp Dates and Times:
Thursday, March 16, 8:00am - 6:00pm
Friday, March 17, 8:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday, March 18, 8:00am - 5:00pm
The fee is $50.00 TOTAL for all days per family; unlimited hours, for those who register on or before March 2, 2023.
The fee is $100.00 TOTAL for all days per family, for those who register after March 2, 2023.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How old/young can my child(ren) be to register?
- Care will be provided for children ages 6 months to 12 yrs. If you have an older child who wants to attend, please contact us.
- How much does it cost?
- Please see the fees section above.
- Where will Kids’ Camp be located?
- Kids’ Camp will be conveniently located within the convention center. Visiting your children will be easy.
- What will my child(ren) be doing while I am attending the conference?
- SIGCSE Kid Campers will participate in drama, play, and arts & crafts activities. Older kids can participate in our planned computing activities, which may include game or story development using Scratch, many CS Unplugged activities, and Google’s CS First activities. Student volunteers will help with the computing activities. We will also have the ever-popular scavenger hunt.
- Do I need to bring anything for my child(ren)?
- Yes. A change of clothes is strongly recommended for all children. In addition, parents of young children will need to provide any diapers, wipes, baby food, blankets, formula and bottles that may be needed. Snacks and meals will be provided for older children. If your child has any special dietary restrictions, please plan to provide food for them.
- How many childcare providers will be in the rooms?
- Daycare provider ratios will be: 1:2 for children 6 to 12 months old, 1:3 for children 13 months to 35 months old, 1:5 for children 3 to 5 years old, and 1:8 for children 6 to 12 years old. Student volunteers for the computing activities will be additional helpers and are not included in these ratios.
A private area will be available for nursing. Please ask for directions to the Nursing Room at the registration desk.