It is now Day 2 of the SIGCSE Technical Symposium! Today we have our Outstanding Contribution to Computer Science Education award winner, Susan Rodger, speaking during our plenary session. She’ll be talking about “Learning How to Teach Computer Science - And Why I Teach the Way I do.” Dr. Rodger will also be at Ask an Author! Online Authors’ Corner 3, today at 1:45.
- The SIGCSE Business Meeting is from 5:10pm - 6:00pm. Come learn how SIGCSE (the organization) is run and voice your opinion about the future of the Technical Symposium! The meeting is hybrid. So if you are attending online, you can join on Zoom and ask questions in the Zoom chat. It will also be recorded.
- The SIGCSE Steering Committee Explore the Future of the Technical Symposium is from 6:10pm - 6:50pm. This is another chance for the SIGCSE community to talk to leadership about the future of the Technical Symposium. This event is also hybrid, so those who are online can participate.
- There will be more episodes of the SIGCSE Coffee Break Show hosted by Mark Sherriff today. Come watch in person in the exhibit hall during the coffee breaks or stream it live from Youtube! If you miss the live show, you can catch it later on YouTube: http://sigcsecoffeebreak.org
We’ve got some interesting table topics so far! Keep suggesting ideas in the Saturday lunch agenda chat.
- We’ve got some interesting table topics to vote on! Go to the Puzzles & Games booth in the exhibit hall, booth 511, to vote on your topics of choice.
- Wi-Fi is vital, but let’s also share it. Please be considerate by not downloading/uploading videos or other large quantities of data unnecessarily. The SSID is SIGCSE and the password is sigcse2023.
Putting together an awesome symposium is only possible with awesome volunteers. Please consider signing up to be a reviewer for SIGCSE TS’24 by completing this form: https://tinyurl.com/review-SIGCSE24
If you want to connect with one of the members of the hybrid committee, come to the Cabbagetown Online Hangout Room during any of the breaks!
If you see something that needs to be fixed, please fill out the issues notification form.
SIGCSE TS 2023 Hybrid Experience Co-Chairs
SIGCSE TS 2023 Symposium Co-Chairs
SIGCSE TS 2023 Program Co-Chairs